June 2nd to July 4th
Start your summer off right with CALI Strong at the San Diego County Fair! For the very first time, CALI Strong is presenting our fresh 2017 merchandise line-up. The fair will be the public’s first chance to purchase the newest CALI Strong skateboards boards, beach cruisers, shoes, t-shirts hoodies, hats, and clothes. All of CALI Strong’s Shoes come with free designer socks.
FREE pair of socks with select purchases at the Del Mar fair.
FREE Socks with any Hat, T-shirt, Shoe, Hoodie, Skateboard or Jacket purchase in Booth #3313. Plus get VIP Discounts and Special San Diego Fair Only Items!
Map of the San Diego County Fair
Top 15 Googled Fair Questions
- What is the San Diego County Fair location?
- What is the San Diego County Fair schedule?
- What is the Del Mar Fair?
- What about the photo contest at the San Diego County Fair?
- Where is the San Diego County Fair?
- What about food at the San Diego County Fair?
- What are the San Diego County Fair dates?
- Directions to the San Diego County Fair?
- What is the San Diego International Beer Festival at the San Diego county Fair?
- What are San Diego County Fair times?
- What are the San Diego County Fair Prices?
- Where is the map of the San Diego County Fair?
- What about parking at the San Diego County Fair?
- What is the San Diego County Fair address?
- When is the San Diego County Fair?
History of the San Diego County Fair
The San Diego County Fair was once known as the Del Mar Fair. Consistently, more than one million people attend annually! That dwarfs the attendance numbers of the nearby Ventura County Fair. Almost 1.5 million people visited the San Diego County Fair in 2015 with daily attendance reaching 60,000. The 2016 fair set an all-time attendance record for the annual event, drawing more than 1.6 million people over 26 days. At 26 days, it also was the longest fair ever!
Following the Ventura County Fair by only six short years, the San Diego County Fair was first started in 1880. Several of the state festivals from that period are still held today. It was merely an agricultural fair when it opened in 1880, and it went from place to place until it eventually reached its permanent home in Del Mar. Del Mar was chosen for its proximity to the 101 and the Santa Fe railroad line.
The name, San Diego County Fair, was not widely used to refer to the event until 2002. Before that, it had been called the Southern California Exposition, the Southern California Exposition and San Diego County Fair, and the Del Mar Fair. Some residents still make reference to it as the Del Mar Fair.
The trademark feature of the fair used to be a beauty pageant. It was an annual feature from 1936 to 2003. The winner was initially called the Queen of the Fair. Then winner’s title was changed to the Fairest of the Fair. It was discontinued in 2004 because of a legal squabble and the high cost of maintaining the beauty pageant.
The fair has had a theme every year since 1998. In 2015, it was “A Fair to Remember” and for 2016 the theme is “Mad About the Fair“. This year’s theme “Where the West is Fun” will give visitors a chance to explore the rough and tumble Wild West. There will be country music, a rodeo, Fiesta del Charro, a Frontier Town, and a themed exhibit with a saloon, art, and history displays about this period of time in America. The Original People of this western land, their lifestyle, preserved lands, and culture which also will be exhibited in various ways throughout the fair.
For the 2017 fair, attractions & exhibits include the following:
- Asian Festival: Saturday, June 3, at the Paddock. A celebration of Asian & Pacific Islander culturesrepresenting China, India, Japan, Philippines, Korea, Hawaii, Polynesia, and Vietnam. Featuring traditional and popular entertainment, martial arts, food, and local non-profit organizations. New this year: An Asian art exhibit at 17 Hands Restaurant & Barand Sake flights at the Paddock Tavern.
- Gospel Festival: Saturday, June 24, brings gospel music to many stages throughout the Fairgrounds all day, ending with a Grandstand concert featuring Hezekiah Walker & Tasha Cobbs, all free with admission.
- Mariachi Festival: on Sunday, June 11, at the Fiesta Stage, there will be a full afternoon of authentic Mariachi and Folkloric Dance groups from San Diego and Baja California. New this year: Tequila sampling and a piñata striking session for the public. The “Fiesta del Charro” will be in the Del Mar Arena, and Roberto Tapia will perform Mexican regional music, rounding out the day’s festivities on the Grandstand stage that day.
- Out at the Fair: Saturday, June 10, at the Paddock and Coors Light Rock On Stage. A full day of family-friendly entertainment and activities celebrating the LGBTQ community, including Diva Drop, Dunk a Hunk, the Newly Married Game, musical performances, and female impersonators, featuring Simply Barbra. New this year: An Art Exhibit celebrating LGBTQ culture will be displayed in the 17 Hands Restaurant Bar.
- Whole Life Festival: Saturday, July 1, brings the Whole Life Festival to the Paul Ecke Jr. Garden Show area, presented by Think Blue, featuring healthful and upbeat lifestyle choices for natural living. There will be demonstrations, lectures, authors, and organic growers all sharing their ideas about health and well-being.
San Diego International Beer Festival
From June 16th to June 18th 2017
The San Diego International Beer Festival has become one of the biggest beer festivals and competitions in the U.S.! With more than 400 beers from around the world to choose from, beer aficionados will enjoy hard-to-find specialty craft brews alongside local Del Mar favorites. Enjoy educational demonstrations with recognized industry professionals to food pairings prepared by So Rich Chocolates and Venissimo Cheese.
Food of the San Diego County Fair
Organizers say there will be more than 100 food vendors sprinkled across the fairgrounds cooking up more than 1,000 different items. Some of the foods added to this year’s lineup include:
- Bacon-Wrapped Cactus
- Deep Fried Nachos
- Kool-Aid Hot Wings
- Fried Pizza
- Deep Fried Lemonade
- The Krispy Kreme Ice Cream Chicken Sandwich
- Peanut Butter Meatballs
- Lasagna Sandwich
- Waffle Sunrise Sandwich
Live Free Performances All Summer With Admission
There’s a lot more to be seen & experienced at the fair. See the animals, go on rides and play games, and enjoy delicious meals & drinks. There is also a wide selection of live entertainment including singers, bands, artists, performers, and comedians. The San Diego Fair is attended by over a million people, and there is a ton of stuff to do.
It’s a good idea to go more than once each season.
Lady Antebellum: Live at the 2016 San Diego County Fair
Fair Exhibition of Photography
With more than $25,000 in prizes and awards, this exhibit is one of the largest competitive photographic shows on the West Coast.
A panel judged show, it is open to professionals and amateurs throughout the world. About one-third of the images entered are chosen for display.
San Diego County Fair Admission Ticket Rates
|Seniors Ages 62 and older||$11|
|Kids Ages 6-12||$11|
|Kids Ages 5 and younger||Free|
Prices listed do not include Ticketmaster fees
Season Pass: The Best Pass Ever for $26!
The Best Pass Ever is good for 26 days and costs only $26! The Fair’s season pass lets you into the Fair as much as you like for one low price – $26 for all 26 days of the Fair. When you have a Best Pass Ever, you save money on our ticketed festivals and concerts, because you already have paid for your Fair admission!
San Diego County Fair Parking
Parking at the Fairgrounds costs $13 per vehicle and is cash-only. Preferred parking is also available for $23 per car in a specially-marked parking zone just past the main entrance.
Free parking is available at three off-site lots, too, and then attendees can take a free shuttle service into the fair that leaves from the lots every 15 to 20 minutes. Those lots are located at Horsepark (14550 El Camino Real), MiraCosta College’s San Elijo Campus (3333 Manchester Ave.) and Torrey Pines High School (3710 Del Mar Heights Rd.).
|Fair Day/Date||Horsepark||Torrey Pines High School||MiraCosta College San Elijo|
|Friday, June 2||1:00PM-closing||not available||not available|
|Wednesdays-Fridays (through June 16)||10:00AM-closing||not available||not available|
|Wednesdays-Fridays (starting June 21)||10:00AM-closing||Noon-closing||not available|
|Tuesday, June 27||10:00AM-closing||Noon-closing||not available|
|Monday, July 3||9:00AM-closing||9:00AM-closing||9:00AM-closing|
|Tuesday, July 4||9:00AM-closing||9:00AM-closing||9:00AM-closing|
San Diego County Fair Hours
The dates for the 2017 San Diego County Fair are June 2 through July 4. The Fair is closed Mondays (except July 3) and the first three Tuesdays.
|Friday, June 2||4:00PM-11:00PM|
|Wednesdays & Thursdays||11:00AM-10:00PM|
|Tuesday, June 27||11:00AM-10:00PM|
|Monday, July 3||10:00AM-11:00PM|
|Tuesday, July 4||10:00AM-11:00PM|
The Fair is closed Mondays (except July 3) and the first three Tuesdays.
Fun Zone Hours
|Friday, June 2||4:00PM-midnight|
|Wednesdays & Thursdays||Noon-11:00PM|
|Tuesday, June 27||Noon-11:00PM|
|Monday, July 3||11:00AM-Midnight|
|Tuesday, July 4||11:00AM-Midnight|
Closing time varies according to demand.
Box Office Hours
|Before June 2||Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00AM-6:00PM|
|During the Fair||One hour before the gates open to gate closing time|
|On Fair closed days|
June 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20 and 26
|Will Call is open 10:00AM-2:00PM|
|Monday, July 3||10:00AM-11:00PM|
|Tuesday, July 4||10:00AM-11:00PM|
San Diego County Fair Location
Address: 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014
Phone: (858) 755-1161